Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Spooky Animated Treats!

For Halloween, I thought I would post a few early works from my animation past which I have recently found on YouTube. Here are two episodes of an educational series I worked on for Disney Educational division early in my animation careen.

I have started the clips on the animation I worked on, you may stop it at any time after that. I still have the theme song stuck in my head which cannot be removed even with surgery.




From 1929, The Skeleton Dance, an early Disney classic animated by UB Iwerks!
 

Below is another short animated by Ub Iwerks which was animated after The Skeleton Dance. Can you see the same animation reused in this short?


Here's an early Betty Boop Halloween cartoon from 1933



Tim Burton worked on Black Cauldron and hated it so much that he created his first venture into stop motion back in 1982. The puppets and stop motion animation was done by the Chiodo Brothers based on Burton's designs and direction.

That same year, Kathy Zielinski won her Student Academy Award and Focus film award for her student film, "Guess Who's for Dinner." You can learn more about her work by watching this Animateducated  interview.
Guess Who's For Dinner from Kathy Zielinski on Vimeo.

Here are several eerie animated films not just for Halloween. 










Got a favorite spooky animated short film you like? Let's know in the comments below, Send the link and Subscribed to Animateducated on YouTube!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment