Thursday, September 6, 2018

Harmony Workaround 100

Here is a bunch of several workarounds in Harmony in case you are having trouble working in the software. Here's a good example how you can do different things to get the same results...

While setting up a Cut Out puppet and rigging it, I  discovered that adding the colour-card pops the layer above the other layers below it, making those layer go behind the colour-card and making them disappeared. Clicking on Colour card and moving it down to the bottom didn't work, it only popped it somewhere else more annoying.

I attempted to add a peg to the Colour-Card to move it back in Z, to reveal other layers. Even though I did this, went to layer properties to move card layer pegs in Z, a completely
different layer was moved back in Z when I was controlling the Z on the colour card.

I really like Harmony, but sometimes I have to find work arounds for problems like this.  


I remembered before I even knew what a Colour card was or its function or how to spell the words, I would make my own colour card layer by creating a drawing layer, adding a giant rectangle shape and filling it in with white paint. As it dried, I made a peg layer for my white bg and pushed it back in the Z axis and everything now can be seen.




When you select a layer in your timeline list, you can open the Top display in the function window on the upper right. Click the big + next to the X to open a list of functions like, Colour, Tool Properites and click on Top. This shows you where your camera is looking at the layers. To move about the window, hold down spacebar and move your mouse, you should see the hand tool.

When move the selected layer, you can use the up and down arrows on keyboard to move white bg back and forth.
 

If you have any trouble with this or find other problems of weirdness, please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment