Toon Boom Webinar Series
The world’s leading 2D animation software will be hosting a series of free training webinars aimed at professional animators hoping to upgrade their skills in Harmony and learn tips and tricks from top industry experts like YouTube star Stylus Rumble, Tony Ross, Chris Cartledge and more.
From May 18 to June 08, Toon Boom’s webinar series will cover the fundamental skills in Harmony to help animators elevate their creative output, craft and careers. Among the topics are creating cut-out rigs, particle emitters, parameters and functions, drawing and transitioning from different software.
Keep reading to learn more about Toon Boom’s free upcoming Harmony webinars.
1. Creating a Production Cut-Out Rig in Harmony EssentialsPresented by: Tony RossWhen: May 18, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)Description: Have you ever wondered could you create a full production rig in Harmony Essentials? In this webinar Tony Ross will show you step-by-step how to rig a production ready cut out character just using Harmony Essentials. Even without a Node View, Curve Deformers, etc Essentials still has the tools right for the job! Join us for the webinar and see how!
2. Particle Emitters in Toon Boom Harmony PremiumPresented by: Tracy Strong (Stylus Rumble)When: May 24, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)Description: A general overview of the basic node types used to create particle systems. Followed by a couple of practical examples of simple weather/sparkles.
3. Parameters & Functions in Toon Boom Harmony PremiumPresented by: Colin BennettWhen: May 31, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)Description: Generated movement in Toon Boom has a load of hidden potential built upon surprisingly simple ideas. Learning as much as possible about how parameters and functions are operating inside your animation will help to avoid a lot potential problems encourage finer control over the smallest details.
4. Symbols to Pegs. The differences of animating in Toon Boom HarmonyPresented by: Adam OliverWhen: June 07, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)Description: Toon Boom Harmony can do amazing things for your animation workflow but the learning curve can be confusing when coming from other software. Adam will demonstrate the differences between other common animation software and how Harmony applies these principles to a more powerful effect. An ideal webinar for anyone who works in animation or is thinking about picking up the software, but is currently daunted by the prospect of all those extra buttons!
5. Drawing in Toon Boom Harmony PremiumPresented by: Chris CartledgeWhen: June 08, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)Description: Are you looking to learn some tips and tricks to drawing in Toon Boom Harmony? Join us for this webinar and see how illustrator/animator Chris Cartledge, and trainer/animator Tony Ross use Harmony's drawing tools to create their projects and tutorials. Learn how Tony and Chris work in tandem from sketch to completion to create a new character, live during the webinar.
So if you are a parent or teacher of a teen or a teen yourself or even if you are an interested artist at any age CTN would like to invite you to this FREE beta launch that promises to be very inspirational and kick start any teens career.
Each day will be a repeat and will be structured in a Ted Talk format with 5 industry pros talking each day about their experiences in getting in to the industry and having a career. Extremely limited seating.
This program will feature Jordan Koch of Nickelodeon, Katia Grifols of Glow in the Dark Studios, Jake Wyatt of Nickelodeon, John Mahoney of Cal Arts, Benson Shum of Walt Disney Animation, Caroline Hu of Warner Bros, David DePasquale of DreamWorks TV, Tony Bancroft an Animation Director, Armand Serrano of Walt Disney Animation, Andreas Deja a Legendary Animator, Fabrizio Mancinelli an independent Composer, Alina Chau a Childrens Book Illustrator and Bill Perkins Production Designer.
First come first served. Extremely limited seating. FREE
Sign Up Form: https://docs.google.com/…/
If you are not chosen for this soft launch please mark your calendars for the CTN Burbank RoadTrip 2018 (FREE event) Burbank where the official theme this year is Teen CTN. April 14-15. http://ctnroadtripburbank.com/
And don’t forget to join the Teen Art Challenge where you can win an iPad and more. http://ctnroadtripburbank.com/
For any questions call 818 827 7138
Lots of Animation Events coming up: Here's one that happens this week in LA area,Oct 20-22 at the Mann's Chinese Theater!
Animation & Filmmaking Showcase of Student Work
Woodbury University, Friday, May 5th!
November is here and CTNX is right around the corner....
It's laid out in eight sections - like a Disneyland where instead of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, each "land" represents another step in the filmmaking process (Modeling, Lighting, Animation, etc). Beyond the scientific technical stuff, the exhibit does a great job simply explaining animation - including hand drawn and stop-motion.
It skews towards kids with lots of interactive hands-on how-to activities, but will fascinate adults (with some great behind-the-scenes at Pixar videos, newly created for this exhibit). I noted the Pixar-themed gift shop attached to the exhibit (you knew there had to be one) is displaying and is selling Richard Williams' Animators Survival Kit (perhaps the only non-Pixar book in the shop). The whole thing is Highly recommended!"
ASIFA-Hollywood Invites Woodbury Animation students and faculty to the 2016 Annecy Award Winning Short Films from the National Film Board of Canada
THE HEAD VANISHES and BLIND VAYSHNA
Representatives from the NFB and the film directors offer ASIFA an exclusive screening, pipeline presentation, special selection of NFB shorts and Q+A on
Friday, September 30th at 7pm Woodbury's E-100 Screening Room Entertainment Media Building
Woodbury University 7500 N Glenoaks Blvd Burbank, CA 91504
(Enter via Woodbury’s Main Gate)
Seating is limited. To attend, please RSVP at this link
We advise early arrival as seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. An RSVP does not guarantee seating.
The 24 Hours animation contest for students begins
Friday, October 7th @ 3pm PST
Looking Forward to November...