Thursday, August 15, 2019

2D or Not 2D?

Here's a question for you, the interested Animation student, Educator or Animation Professional. Do you think 2D animation should be taught as a beginning animation class or not at all?

This is a pretty important question which will decide if all the traditional animation techniques we have learned from Disney's Nine old men and other animation studios, will be handed down to the next generation or forgotten by them.


Please leave a comment below or email heyjimr@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim, I'm thrilled, and sort of sad at the same time to see this. I wish they had contacted you before tearing down the posters and other drawings. Sorry I wasn't there to salvage things when Maintenance started that project. Draftsmanship is essential, but I don't know where it's being focused on in Woodbury's program. I see they have tablets,(and finally a curtain over those big back windows), so I would think teaching drawing still becomes the responsibility of the instructor. Pencil and paper may have been scrapped by the studios, but maybe draftsmanship can live on in using tablets.

    ReplyDelete